Honours and Awards
- Featured as one of the four ‘Heroes’ on the University of Birmingham Air Pollution Heroes Programme (2018) www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/heroes/air-pollution.aspx
- Member of the AESOP Best Published Paper Prize Committee
- Awarded the Head of School's Award for Excellence in Teaching and Supporting Student Learning in 2012 (£500) and nominated again in2013
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy since 2013
- Awarded Fritz Schumacher prize by the City of Hamburg in 2007(Germany) dedicated to young professionals working on the built environment (3,000€).
- Urban Studies paper on “differential spaces” selected amongst 16 others for the 2013 Urban Studies Best Article Award which considers the most innovative and agenda-setting papers published in a given year.